2.09.2012

AIR, et cetera

Hello Dear Viewer,

A delayed synopsis on the haps, but that's the way it goes.

The AIR Summit was an interesting opportunity to meet and network with fellow artists and arts-people in the area. In my personal opinion, it appears that AIR is off to a solid, yet scattered, beginning. The cog-turners of the organization display much enthusiasm for their aims, and for that I applaud them. However, their aims need some honing in to become productive. Although they seem to be aware of that, and are just beginning to get community input and finesse their focus. The underlying disconcert I feel about everything doesn't have to do with AIR's goals, but rather the fact that I don't feel convinced that this community can support their goals. As a cohort at one of my discussion tables aptly put, an arts-centric community has to grow out of the people there, not because an organization comes in and says it's making an arts-centric community. Alas, we have yet to see, in the next year, where AIR could go. Best of luck to them.

Other news of note: My classes are in development for Juiced on Imagination Studio and I am very excited about them. Starting mid-March, I will be instructing in Media Foundations for Drawing, Painting, and Photography, as well as basic camera operation. Please check my website in the next couple of weeks for dates and descriptions!

Also, this weekend there is a fabulous event in Loveland that my friend Jess is part of...check it out here for more information!

And although it's outside of the NoCo realm, I would like to post a show I will regretfully not be able to attend:
New shoe 4 you - Recent works by T.J. Donovan
March 1st, 2012 - April 6th, 2012
Closing Reception: April 6th, 5-9pm

Dakota State University - First Bank and Trust Gallery
located on the 1st floor of the Karl Mundt Library
820 N Washington Ave
Madison, SD 57042

Gallery Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8am – 12am
Friday 8am - 9pm

Catalogs and postcards available at gallery

All works will be for sale. Please contact 617.910.6632 for catalog and sales info.
All sales contingent upon the buyer's ability to provide a suitable home for the work.


And one more...if you haven't seen this yet... ArtThoughtz will blow your mind. See also: Art in America interview

Alright, I think that's all for now. Keep making it beautiful out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment